In January 2023, the City of Sheridan hired a part-time Sustainability Coordinator. Throughout this first year, the Sustainability Coordinator’s main role will be to coordinate community and city staff conversation and planning to create a sustainability plan for the city. This plan will serve as the guiding document for sustainability work with the city in the years to come.
Waste & Recycling
- Republic Services: Recycling within the City of Sheridan is free! If you haven’t signed up already, fill out this form here.
- A1 Organics: Dates: 10/30/23 – 11/10/23
Located at: 2300 W Radcliff Ave, Sheridan, CO 80110
Open Times: Monday – Friday (7am – 4pm), Saturday, Nov 4th ONLY (8am – 1pm)
- $6 per vehicle per visit for leaf recycling only (includes large trucks and trailers, loose leaves and bagged leaves).
- Residents must provide proof of Residency by Driver’s License or Utility Bill
- Credit Card or Cash ONLY – No Personal Checks
- Last loads into the site will be 30 minutes before site closes to ensure time to get customers in line through the site.
- Any loads with other yard waste (limbs, branches, grass, and soils) will pay normal tip rate. ($13 a cubic yard)
- All plastic bags must be emptied and removed by customer.
- Brown Craft Bags are acceptable as long as they are not co-mingled with branches. NO TAPE, TWINE, PLASTICS (see attached instructions)
- Arapahoe Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) - Receive a free professional audit of your home to determine what energy-conserving updates or installations will keep you cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter and lower your utility bills. For qualifying low-income households in Arapahoe County.
- GRID Alternatives: Your home could qualify for completely free solar. GRID Alternatives provides low-income homeowners with free solar for homes that meet their eligibility requirements. For more information, reach out to Chelsea Gaines at email@example.com. If you’d like to verify the legitimacy of this program, feel free to contact Jeremy Fink of Arapahoe County at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Solar Access Memo
- Tree canopy program - As part of the City's goals and initiatives to increase the community's tree canopy, the city will be offering trees to residents at a low cost in the Spring of 2023.
Air QualityLove My Air program works to improve outdoor air quality by increasing air pollution awareness and expanding air quality monitoring.